STAY INFORMED – TEXT 156 TO 38470 FOR UPDATES
Expansion of FM 156 is gaining momentum with the final decisions underway.
The project covers 4.2 miles from North of SH 114 to 12th street in Justin. Design plans for the expansion are 95% complete; the project will widen FM 156 from a 2 lane rural to 4 lane divided urban cross section highway with additional parking for the downtown area. Construction will start in 2016 with an expected completion within 30 months. FM 156 is a very busy highway with an average daily traffic count of 10,000 vehicles, and incoming development is only expected to increase the traffic count more. In order to keep traffic moving, the city has been working closely with TXDOT and other entities to ensure that traffic flow remains steady, access is maintained to restaurants and businesses at all times, and communication on any detours is timely.
The 156 website 156update.com will serve as the main communication hub
for all construction changes during the expansion. The City of Justin will be using the city email blast as a form of communication, as well as text message updates. Please ensure you have signed up to receive notices. In addition, Justin Economic Development Corporation will be starting a 156 committee for business owners to be directly involved with the FM 156 project.
Description Widen/construct four/six-lane urban sections on new alignment
Key Contact Ty Hilton
Limits (From) SH 114
(To) 0.76 miles north of FM 407
Est. Const. Cost $34,400,000
Public Hearing December 6, 2012
FONSI April 24, 2013
60% Plans July 26, 2013
100% Plans June 12, 2015
ROW Acquisition Begins January 2014
Utility Relocations Completed
Let Date November 2015
Current Activity FM 156
- Schematic The schematic was approved by TxDOT Design Division on September 27, 2012.
- Environmental The FONSI for FM 156 was received on April 24, 2013.
- PS&E On September 15, 2015, the final FM 156 PS&E package was submitted to TxDOT for the November 2015 letting.
- ROW ROW acquisition is in progress. There are 46 parcels, with 4 parcels in ED, and 42 closed. ROW is approximately 91% complete.
- Utility Coordination (UC) Monthly utility coordination meetings are being conducted by TxDOT. Utilities are working on relocations designs and/or conducting conflict analysis.
- Construction Project is scheduled to let in November 2015.